Sit down, boil the kettle and pop your thinking cap on, because Wordle 281 is live for March 27. The latest Wordle puzzle is a tricky one, so you might need a little help figuring out the answer. Fortunately, that’s where Express Online comes in. We’ve put together a selection of spoiler-free hints and clues to help you find the latest word. And remember, you only have 24-hours to solve Wordle 281, so you’d better hurry. Good luck!
If you haven’t played Wordle and want to know what all the fuss is about, here’s how it works.
Players are given just six chances to correctly guess a five-letter word. You’ll need to use the process of elimination to figure out the answer, paying close attention to the colour of the tiles.
If a tile turns grey, then the letter does not appear in the word you are guessing.
If the tile turns yellow, the letter you guessed is in the word, just not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
You can share your score on social media (for bragging rights), while the app itself keeps track of your statistics.
On the flipside, if you fail to solve the puzzle, then you’ll have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle to be released.
Read on for some general Wordle tips, followed by three specific clues for Wordle 281 on March 27…
Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘CRANE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘GHOUL’ is a decent second guess.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 281 clues…
1. Wordle 281 starts with the letter ‘N’.
2. Shockingly, Wordle 281 doesn’t contain any vowels.
3. Fans of Greek mythology and folklore should get this one.